PATHWAY 7 OF 7: Embodying Your Creativity
- It is time to take it in deeper. This is how transformation happens.
WHAT IT WILL TAKE:
It is going to take TENACITY to do this work.
When I owned my big ergonomics company, I had the idea to create my very own print catalog and I thought it was going to be fast and easy. Each day I walked into my office thinking “today is going to be the day I finish the design” and each day I realized that there was so much to do. I wanted it to look just right! It took one solid month working from morning to night including the weekends. I barely even saw daylight and I was so excited to get started in the morning wondering just how far I would be at the end of the day. No matter what I kept going. I immersed myself in the design of my catalog and took my creativity to another level.
The same thing happened when I was inspired to create my mandala coloring book. I had no idea it was going to take me a month and I just kept taking it one day at a time. I knew that once I finished I would be proud of my accomplishment. And I was and when I think about it right now it still makes me smile!
You must give yourself the time to immerse yourself in your creativity. You must be persistent practically everyday. Give yourself whatever it is going to take to embody your creative gift. Schedule time to create on a regular basis. And do it!
You may also want to schedule in some rest breaks because once you start creating at deep levels you may forget to eat!
ACTION IDEAS TO BEGIN:
Consider what you want to create. You may already have an idea that has been calling out to you!
Perhaps there is a collection of poetry you want to write.
Or maybe a collection of drawings ready to come out of you.
Or maybe you’d like to decorate cakes!!! Or paint. Or sew
If you are a dancer maybe you are ready to practice your moves!
Now is the time!
1. Carve out time in your calendar.
2. Buy the supplies you will need. Paper. Paint. Pencils. Markers. Material. Icing!
3. Create a comfortable, cheery space. I used to share this information with my clients when I was an ergonomics consultant! Clean and clear your space. Repair what is broken. Replace your chair or desk so that you can create in comfort. Open the blinds to let the light in.
4. Make your physical space so inviting you will love going in there everyday. Enhance the space with your works of art. Frame and hang your poetry, drawings, paintings, photography … whatever you have created that will feel good to have around you. Time to go pull all of your artwork out of the closet now! You may also want to decorate with art of others that you feel inspired by. Create a bright and cheery space.
5. Give yourself permission to be inspired by YOU! And please do not let anyone tell you why you cannot do what your heart is pulling you towards. When I bought my house I let my friend and interior designer talk me out of buying a drawing table for my living room. This space was bright and airy and I envisioned creating art in that room. Yet I was so impressionable I let her discourage me. In the 12 years that I was in that house and I never bought that drawing table. Always listen to your heart. Always listen to your intuition antique inspired action.
6. Immerse yourself in your art. Keep going as far as you can go and as deep as you can go and you will know when it is time to rest and recharge . The more you allow yourself this creativity time the easier it will become because you will be having so much fun.
How Did You Enjoy Reading About Awaken The Artist Pathway 7?
I specialize in helping people regain/rekindle their creativity. In-other-words, I teach/coach a process that will help you have courage, get you unstuck, and move you into your best creative life.
Schedule a free 30-minute Get Acquainted session with me and we’ll find out where you’re stuck and how I can help you.