It is time to take it in deeper. This is how transformation happens.
WHAT IT WILL TAKE:
It is going to take TENACITY to do this work.
About 15 years ago I had the idea to create my very own print catalog and I thought it was going to be fast and easy. Each day I walked into my office thinking “today is going to be the day I finish the design” and each day I realized that there was so much to do. I wanted it to look just right! It took one solid month working from morning to night including the weekends. I barely even saw daylight and I was so excited to get started in the morning wondering just how far I would be at the end of the day. No matter what I kept going. I immersed myself in the design of my catalog and took my creativity to another level.
The same thing happened the end of 2011 when I had the idea to create my mandala coloring book. I had no idea it was going to take me a month and I just kept taking it one day at a time. I knew that once I finished I would be proud of my accomplishment. And I was and when I think about it right now it still makes me smile!
You must give yourself the time to immerse yourself in your creativity. You must be persistent practically everyday. Give yourself whatever it is going to take to embody your creative gift. Schedule time to create on a regular basis. And do it!
You may also want to schedule in some rest breaks because once you start creating at deep levels you may forget to eat!
ACTION IDEAS TO BEGIN:
Consider what you want to create. You may already have an idea that has been calling out to you!
Perhaps there is a collection of poetry you want to write.
Or maybe a collection of drawings ready to come out of you.
Or maybe you’d like to decorate cakes!!! Or paint. Or sew
If you are a dancer maybe you are ready to practice your moves!
Now is the time!
1. Carve out time in your calendar.
2. Buy the supplies you will need. Paper. Paint. Pencils. Markers. Material. Icing!
3. Create a comfortable, cheery space. I used to share this information with my clients when I was an ergonomics consultant! Clean and clear your space. Repair what is broken. Replace your chair or desk so that you can create in comfort. Open the blinds to let the light in.
4. Make your physical space so inviting you will love going in there everyday. Enhance the space with your works of art. Frame and hang your poetry, drawings, paintings, photography … whatever you have created that will feel good to have around you. Time to go pull all of your artwork out of the closet now! You may also want to decorate with art of others that you feel inspired by. Create a bright and cheery space.
5. Give yourself permission to be inspired by YOU! And please do not let anyone tell you why you cannot do what your heart is pulling you towards. When I bought my house in 2001 I let my friend and interior designer talk me out of buying a drawing table for my living room. This space was bright and airy and I envisioned creating art in that room. Yet I was so impressionable I let her discourage me. In the 12 years that I was in that house and I never bought that drawing table. Always listen to your heart. Always listen to your intuition antique inspired action.
6. Immerse yourself in your art. Keep going as far as you can go and as deep as you can go and you will know when it is time to rest and recharge . The more you allow yourself this creativity time the easier it will become because you will be having so much fun.
The processes of Letting Go, Discovering and Releasing takes you to the door of the room where your treasure box resides. After all these years you finally have access to your beautiful God given gems that you have been denying for so long.
You look inside and see the gem and reach in and take it to your heart and reclaim it.
WHAT IT WILL TAKE
It is going to take WILLINGNESS to reclaim and own this precious, divine part of yourself.
When you have the willingness to look through this open door and look at your gem and you now have a choice. You can say “yes” or “no” to yourself. You have conscious choice.
You have cleared the way for this and now you get to ask “Now what am I going to do?”!
So it will take a willingness to take the actions you wanted so long ago.
There is no more denying the little child inside who has been quietly knocking on the door your entire life to. If someone compliments you on your gift there is no more rolling of the eyes. You get to say a resounding “Thank you!”
You must be willing to acknowledge this beautiful child … YOU … to love and honor this and the adult part of yourself so deeply. Be ready to say …
“OMG! That’s my gem.
I am an ______________! I love to ______________!”
My statement would be “I am an artist and I love to draw!
(Fill in the blanks with your passion!)
And if you are already creating in your type of art perhaps it is time to look deeper and see the new gem that is waiting for you.
Perhaps there is a new type of art ready for you to express. There is always an opportunity to go deeper.
When you are willing to open yourself up to deeper understanding of who you are as a divine being you are helping others to rise up and claim their gem too.
That is how we change the world. We change ourselves first. Then we serve as a model for others. Others can be your children, your parents and friends as well as your clients.
ACTION IDEAS TO BEGIN
Use your gift!
If you like to draw then draw.
If you like to write then write.
If you like to sing then sing already!
If you like to dance then do that!
I just found my tap shoes in my storage unit and I’m getting ready to put then on and start tapping. I may even sign up for a class … something I have been wanting to do for a long time.
So if you feel you are ready to own your gift buy some pads of paper and markers and/or paints, buy your tap shoes, get your piano tuned, etc. You get the idea!
If you are not sure how to get started schedule a and inquire about art classes in the art you are interested in from your local adult education guide. Here in Houston we have an organization called Leisure Learning that offers various kinds of creative and art classes. Check out your newspaper and local magazines to see what organizations offer what you are looking for.
Just go for it and change your life!
I was setting up to create videos and an officer gave me an idea!
Yes I am always drawing and doodling and now I capturing on video to inspired my tribe! http:// www.wendygyoung.com or http://www.awakentheartist.com.