It is time to take it in deeper. This is how transformation happens.
WHAT IT WILL TAKE:
It is going to take TENACITY to do this work.
About 15 years ago I had the idea to create my very own print catalog and I thought it was going to be fast and easy. Each day I walked into my office thinking “today is going to be the day I finish the design” and each day I realized that there was so much to do. I wanted it to look just right! It took one solid month working from morning to night including the weekends. I barely even saw daylight and I was so excited to get started in the morning wondering just how far I would be at the end of the day. No matter what I kept going. I immersed myself in the design of my catalog and took my creativity to another level.
The same thing happened the end of 2011 when I had the idea to create my mandala coloring book. I had no idea it was going to take me a month and I just kept taking it one day at a time. I knew that once I finished I would be proud of my accomplishment. And I was and when I think about it right now it still makes me smile!
You must give yourself the time to immerse yourself in your creativity. You must be persistent practically everyday. Give yourself whatever it is going to take to embody your creative gift. Schedule time to create on a regular basis. And do it!
You may also want to schedule in some rest breaks because once you start creating at deep levels you may forget to eat!
ACTION IDEAS TO BEGIN:
Consider what you want to create. You may already have an idea that has been calling out to you!
Perhaps there is a collection of poetry you want to write.
Or maybe a collection of drawings ready to come out of you.
Or maybe you’d like to decorate cakes!!! Or paint. Or sew
If you are a dancer maybe you are ready to practice your moves!
Now is the time!
1. Carve out time in your calendar.
2. Buy the supplies you will need. Paper. Paint. Pencils. Markers. Material. Icing!
3. Create a comfortable, cheery space. I used to share this information with my clients when I was an ergonomics consultant! Clean and clear your space. Repair what is broken. Replace your chair or desk so that you can create in comfort. Open the blinds to let the light in.
4. Make your physical space so inviting you will love going in there everyday. Enhance the space with your works of art. Frame and hang your poetry, drawings, paintings, photography … whatever you have created that will feel good to have around you. Time to go pull all of your artwork out of the closet now! You may also want to decorate with art of others that you feel inspired by. Create a bright and cheery space.
5. Give yourself permission to be inspired by YOU!
6. Immerse yourself in your art. The more you do the easier it will become because you will be having so much fun.